Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another W for Four Unity Racing

Four Unity Racing comes out on top again.
After the good results at the national race in Fountain Hills last weekend we knew we would be going good this weekend in Prescott at the AZ State Mountain Bike Series race #6. We went out fast and hard moving into the top 6 positions on the first climb. Once Scott from Sampa racing moved off the front I threw down and Lance and I were able to open a gap on the rest of the field. Kyle (Fav Five) and Ben the Pest kept the pace going high and didn't let anyone get away while Lance Romance and I settled in and were flying around the course. The legs were feeling good, I had my flow on and I was stoked to be with my buddy heading for a 1 -2 finish in the Pro class....well things changed rather quickly for me when a stick flew up and lodged itself in my derailleur and broke it straight in half...WTF.
Well Lance kept the pace going and took the Win, so I was stoked for him and Kyle and Ben kept it going for a 4th and 5th place finish. Three out of five podium spots in a Pro cross country race isn't too shabby. I somehow rigged my ride into a single speed and finished with cashed legs and a good new tan. So I'd have to say it wasn't all bad.

Ben pre-race ready to rip.


Four Unity on the podium. Lance Romance a.k.a. Free Range #1, Ben the Pest #4, Kyle Fave Five keeping the top 5 streak going.

I've got to shout out to all the Four Unity sponsors who make our racing justifiable to our wives:

Allenscleaning.com, Titus, Decor Unique, Mi Amigos, OSPT Physical Therapy, Kori's Home Management, Treehouse Group, Adventure Bicycle Company, Freedom Boardshop, Vans, Smith Optics, Maxm Components, and Magura Brakes.

Good people and local businesses we hope you will support.
Peace.

2 comments:

shell said...

thanks for the men in tights pic. i needed that!!

Kim A said...

hell yes you guys give "do work" a new meaning. reserve "balls out" for my nickname when we do the switch over to 5unity.