Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Death March

In October Kam and I and some great friends did the "death march", hiking from the south rim of the Grand Canyon to the bottom across the bottom and up to the North rim then back down the north rim across the bottom yet again and back up the south rim. (50 excruciating miles in 21 hours non stop).
Yes I am bragging!!!
This is The North rim it was so high. It is 8 miles up to the top.

The guys. Chad Smith, Kyle Reedy, Aaron Adams, and Kam.

This is just after the sun came up. I was so glad when it came up, because on the way down the south rim I fell, sprained my ankle a bit, and busted my headlamp and lost a battery. I came down most of the south rim by moon light.


Kyle and Val and us coming down the North rim. My ankle is sprained at this point and poth of my knees are aching so so bad. Val has blisters on the bottoms of her feet and on most of her toes and we are so tired. The guys were totaly fine.


I love this man. I never could have finished this crazy adventure with out Kam. He kept me going. Wiped my tears a couple times and told me I could do it the whole time. That was the hardest thing I have ever done. And now it is in writing, I am never doing that again...
With all that said, I am glad I did it. It was the since of accomplishment I thought it would be. I think I could do anything I put my mind to.






3 comments:

Susan said...

You are a WOMAN who can do anything! Go Girl! :-)

Kim A said...

HELL YES!!!you smoked me up that mug.

scooley said...

I can't believe you did that after the way we saw Kam and Jared the last time. You guys look amazing. I am very very proud of you. Maybe one day I can say I did it. It won't be for a long time. Your family looks great!!!